Our client in Centurion is looking for a Legal Advisor with +5years experience in litigation in Labour Court & CCMA. He/She will be responsible for Employee Relations and Labour Law matters as well as the implementation of policies in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- LLB or BCom Law degree (completed) or relevant law degree (essential, non-negotiable)
- Minimum 5-7 years private practice or as in-house counsel experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years solid Labour Law litigation and Arbitration experience.
- Excellent knowledge and application of Labour Legislation.
- Seasoned practitioner in litigation and conflict resolution
- Driver’s license and own vehicle, must be willing to travel nationally and internationally
- Keen awareness of local legislation and regulations.
- At least 5-7 years relevant professional experience, either in private practice or as in-house counsel.
- Technically minded with the ability to convert business management principles into coherent Legal documents.
- Legal advice on all Labour and employee matters
- Drafting and negotiating of contracts and other policies and procedures
- Legal assistance with regard to assisting clients
- Monitor and advise on legislative and regulatory changes with special emphasis on legislation applicable to the business
- Negotiation and mediation of internal disputes where appropriate
- Liaising with external parties including attorneys and counsel
- Legal support to Human Capital, Recruitment and other operating departments
- Ensure compliance to all relevant laws and regulations
- Representation at the CCMA and Labour court
- Researching and drafting opinions, attend to queries pertaining to legal issues, general compliance and checking legal documentation
- Advise on and facilitate grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Compilation of contracts including settlement agreements, retrenchment agreements and addendums to existing contracts
- Drafting and updating company policies in line with contemporary Labour legislation
- Responsible for the management of restructures, mergers, take-overs, transfers of going concerns and retrenchments
- Responsible for external dispute resolution which includes the complete handling of disputes referred to the CCMA, Department of Labour, private arbitration and litigation in South African and International courts, including the Labour Court and Labour court/dispute resolution forums in Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana and the Human Rights Court