IQbusiness South Africa
We are looking for a Data Engineer for a 3 to 6 month engagement within IQbusiness.
This person will assist in producing a more efficient database to reporting mechanism.
Key Responsibilities And/or Outputs
- Providing a superior customer experience
- Design and develop – databases, SQL queries, stored procedures, reports, dashboards or integration solutions
- Test your work to ensure compliance
- Implement more stable reporting
- Interact with a variety of individuals: senior, junior, technical and from business
- Provide guidance to fellow colleagues
- Uphold the IQ values, which are to care, learn & share; innovate; deliver as well as to build, enhance and maintain relationships
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in an ICT relevant field
- Appropriate Microsoft certifications are beneficial but not required
- 4 – 6 years experience in the Data Engineering environments and technologies
- Great communication skills
- A passion for SQL, databases or reports
- Can you write stored procedures, design complex queries and create views and triggers?
- Are you able to work out the relationships in a data warehouse or the aggregation of a cube?
- Do you extract and display useful information when you see patterns and trends in data?
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry, ideally in a consulting role
- The use of data related software: databases, ETL and PowerBi; report writing and analytical tools
- We use a lot of Microsoft products. You may often be expected to use MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Power BI to develop solutions
- What other relevant software have you’ve used?
- Ability to work in different project methodologies: Waterfall and/or Agile
- Knowledge of full SDLC
- Exposure to logical and physical data modeling