Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Technology Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
As a member of the team, you’ll work with clients to define their vision and plan how to get there. We deliver the technological solutions organisations need to compete and grow and build a lasting legacy of improvement and performance, partnering with best in class technologies and solution sets. In joining, you’ll help our clients understand and evolve the way they align Information Technology with their business strategy, create integrated end to end solutions, and use enterprise applications to solve complex business problems.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- 3 years’ proven copywriting experience within an agency
- Strong digital portfolio essential
- Concept & Idea beneficial
- Finalist at awards show beneficial
B.Degree/diploma in Copywriting
Understanding needed for success
- Excellent command of English language
- Understanding of online copy and its links to Search Engine Optimisation and Conversion and how these constructs work together to form a creative solution, with the ability to execute on these constructs without sacrificing the quality of copy
- An understanding of the importance of on-brand writing, developing projects and concepts that are on-brand
- An understanding of UX and the end users requirements
- Understanding of brand thinking beneficial
- Work on small medium and large projects
Can be held accountable for the effective and efficient completion of the following tasks, with little supervision and within the agreed time frames
- Delivering own creative projects from brief to final execution
- Responding intelligently to internal and client briefs
- Delivering concepts and communications that are on-brief and on-brand
- Working collaboratively with the creative team, developers, client service and other team members within the agency
- Working on multiple projects and consistently deliver on time and on-brief
- Generating copy ideas and concepts across channels, and articulating which ideas are most valid and on-brand
- Implementing and delivering on feedback from senior management and peers
- Adhering to team processes and standards
- Co-ordinates, delegates and supports juniors to enable delivery on projects
- Keeps juniors updated on communication from the top
- Leads by example in approach to work and adding to team spirit – knows impact on others, listens to their views and feelings, and includes them
Strategic & Commercial Thinking
- Clear understanding of clients’ business context and objectives
- Recognises good thinking and knows how to make it happen
- Can work with planning to develop strategic thinking
- Proactively thinks beyond task
- Can evaluate create work against the brief and question it
- Thinks creatively and can make creative suggestion sensitively
- Asks the right questions to get a better understanding of the creative idea
- Can provide motivating feedback to the creative team
- Understands business context
- At ease reviewing core financial documentation
- Always aware of project budgets and income forecasts
- Considers and suggests ideas to generate new income from clients
- Communicates confidently with clients and agency team
- Presents professionally and questions confidently
- Influences and negotiates when appropriate
- Takes lead in some client meetings
- Approachable and builds relationships and trust internally and externally
- Keeps all parties involved and informed
- Analyses situations, focuses on solutions and owns problems
- Uses initiative to generate a variety of solutions
- Is assured in own ability but consults before making decisions
- Pre-empts problems before they become a major issue
- Makes extra effort and takes accountability for delivering high quality work against deadline
- Keeps team updated as appropriate
- Manages client expectation on day to day basis
- Juggles workload for self and others as appropriate
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
March 10, 2020
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.co.za.