Varsity College Westville
Direct Reporting Line:
Head: Student Recruitment (Part-Time)
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE’s Varsity College Westville campus has a vacancy for a Consultant in the Part Time Division.
The duties of the Consultant include:
New Student Enrolments
- Receives daily web, telephonic and walk in enquiries derived from adverts.
- Consults with students on appropriate course selection and ensures correct procedures are followed.
- Receives signed enrolment documents.
- Creates proforma invoices and submits to students.
- Communicates start date changes/ cancellation of course to lecturers and students.
- Compiles and submits daily, weekly activity reports.
- Organises and performs mystery shopping, gains overall feedback on visit and course feedback to gain competitor information.
- Compiles and submits competitor information report on a quarterly basis.
Corporate Clients/ Stakeholder Building
- Creates database of company names.
- Builds relationships with top corporates to secure students and offer workshops that are tailor made for their specific company.
- Identifies corporate company training needs and shows them what is on offer.
- Advanced Communication Skills
- Advanced Interpersonal skills
- Organisational and Planning Skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- Minimum of Tertiary Certificate / Occupational Certificate in Marketing.
- 3 year Diploma / Bachelor’s degree advantageous.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years sales, Public Relations and Marketing.
- Own car and driver’s license required.
- EE/AA Position