Social Media Intern
This opportunity is for a bright, ambitious digital and social media savvy young person, aspiring to enter the digital media industry. You will be working under the guidance of senior editors in the content team.
The ideal candidate is a social media geek, who loves to play around with design, video and writing tools and apps. You have a visual eye and get excited by working on Instastories and video edits. You have good English copy writing skills or interest.
The opportunity best suits a young person ready to start working in digital media and marketing.
Under the guidance of our senior editors you will
- Create, schedule, and publish social media content
- Community management, respond to comments and engage with our audience
- Organise the Weekend Takeover project, pitching new candidates and keeping track of weekly features
- Assist in managing and saving deliverables in our CRM production system
- Keep track of stats for weekly reports
- Contribute to strategy ideas to grow the various social media channels
- Assist in editorial tasks when requested
- Partake in content planning meetings and pitch ideas for website and social channels
- Assist in building weekly newsletters
- Loves digital, social media and social media tools
- Ability to write copy for different social media platforms
- Strong at researching as well as sourcing and curating social media feeds
Personality and characteristics
- Forever evolving and eager to learn
- Willing to get out of your comfort zone
- Social media freak and video geek (i.e do not apply if you are not on Instagram and don’t know about Tik Tok)
- Hard worker with positive good-vibes attitude
How to Apply
If interested, send your CV & a short letter of motivation to: [email protected] (please use ‘Application for June 2020 Social Media Internship” as your email subject line).
Applications close on 15 July 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a social media challenge.