WHM Recruitment Advisors
A well-established organisation in Port Elizabeth is seeking a Butcher/Blockman to join their team. Salary to be discussed in the interview
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cutting, grinding, and preparing meats for sale.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
- Weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products.
- Keeping records, budgets, and inventory.
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Negotiating and confirming orders with suppliers.
- Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls.
- Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, and accepting orders or payments.
- Coordinating deliveries or order pickups.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Have previous experience as a Butcher/Blockman
- Have previous experience with food preparation or cutting meat
- The ability to use hand tools, work in cold environments & lift heavy items
- The ability to stand or walk for long periods
- Have knowledge of meet preparation techniques or cuts
- Have good understanding of Inventory Management
- Be physically fit to preform duties
- Knowledge of the OHSA Act
- Be bilingual
Package & Remuneration
Salary to be discussed in interview