Business Developer – Makhado
Who are we?
SPF Distribution, is dedicated to supporting, growing and empowering clients with affordable, easy and suitable solutions, primarily through face-to-face intermediary channels, but also directly. We have approximately 2,000 tied advisers and 2,000 supporting independent brokers, all dedicated to meet the financial needs of our clients. Our vision: We aspire to be the best at building enduring relationships by connecting clients and intermediaries. We create sustainable value by attracting new clients, supporting ongoing client engagement and providing adaptive solutions designed to answer life’s financial questions. Ultimately we grow and protect wealth
The ability to demonstrate, understanding and apply our Sanlam values is embedded in all roles. Applicants must exhibit their commitment to the values as part of the application process.
- Lead with courage
- Serve with pride
- Care because we respect each other
- Act with integrity & accountability
- Grow value through innovation & superior performance
What will you do?
- Source and recruit a team of Sanlam Affiliated Intermediaries (SAI’s)
- Manage activities of SAI’s
- Developing and expand existing markets.
- Risk management.
- Manage quality of new business
- Provide training and sales support to SAI’s.
- Analysis of management reports.
- Business relationship building.
- Conservation/ pay point control.
- Ensure continuous improvement of service standards to clients.
- Ensure alignment to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), in all business practices
Qualification & experience
- Financial / Marketing tertiary qualification
- FAIS related credits
- RE 5 is a must, RE 1 is advantageous
- Sales manager (managing reps/advisors) experience would be highly advantageous
Class of business (COB):
- Should the candidate have been deemed Fit and Proper for Tier 1 by 01 April 2018, the candidate is then deemed competent for Class of Business. All applicants that were still under supervision for any competency requirement pre or post 01 April 2018 will be required to have obtained Class of Business prior to appointment. If a potential candidate has not completed Class of Business they are still deemed to be under supervision and cannot be appointed as a Sales Manager.
Knowledge and skills
- Driver’s License plus own road worthy motor vehicle is a MUST.
- Being qualified to supervise intermediaries is a distinct advantage
- At least 3 years’ sales experience, of which a minimum of one year must have been in a Sales Management position.
- Preference will be given to candidates from the financial services industry.
- Strong recruitment skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Planning and organising
- Ability to interact with people at all levels
- Target driven
- Attention to detail
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Decisive and persuasive
- Treating customers fairly.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realize their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.