Brolink Pty Ltd
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Brolink is a leading provider of insurance administration services, providing a comprehensive range of insurance products from South Africa’s top insurers. Our portfolio includes personal insurance, commercial insurance as well as niche products such as agriculture, transport, engineering and aviation.
As a short term insurance administrator, Brolink provides a dedicated service to professional brokers in delivering on their clients’ business or professional insurance needs.
Applicants must have a clear ITC, clear criminal record and excellent previous employment references.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quote in accordance with standards, policies and procedures
- Ensure full understanding of rating, underwriting and policy wording in commercial products
- Target driven – as targets are given
- Support Sales Team in acquiring and retaining profitable business
- Attend to administration and written communication
- Ensure that all documentation is processed accurately & correctly
- Ensure documentation, including SASRIA is issued, checked and authorized prior to dispatch
- Ensure queries are resolved as per company standards
- Ensure retentions are calculated
- Ensure timeous and accurate management of mail count
- Request, monitor survey and survey requirements as per laid down procedures
- Correct unprofitable policies
- Ensure Quotes are not overexposed
- Maintain service, quality and desired outputs within a specific functional process through ensuring compliance to tactical policies, procedures and standards.
- Resolve escalated customer queries and complaints and provide feedback to customers on matters resolved.
- Develop work routines in line with operational plans / schedules in order to manage achievement of service delivery goals
- Share knowledge on, and participate in the creation of new standards, control systems and procedures to maintain service delivery.
- Align own behaviour with the organization culture and values.
- Share and transfer product, process and systems knowledge to colleagues.
- Collaborate and work with the Underwriting team to ensure required service levels are delivered.
- Ensure adherence to organizational policies, practices and procedures.
- Identify and recommend areas / ways to improve processes.
This position does involve line management responsibility. The Commercial Underwriter will report directly to the HOD.
Special working conditions: This position involves occasional overtime and an open plan office and environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The following academic qualifications and related experience are requirements for the position:
- Must have experience in various commercial products
- Regulatory Exam : Representatives
- FAIS Credits (as per FAIS requirement)
- Must be Fit & Proper in terms of the FAIS Act
- Must not be debarred with the FSB
- At least 3 years’ experience in Commercial Underwriting or Sales
- Sales / Quoting Experience
- Must be Sales and target drive
- Must be able to speak / communicate in English and Afrikaans
- Be able to handle pressure.
- No ITC Credit records (bad debts, judgements etc.).
- No Criminal Record
The essential competencies that will be needed for this position are:
- Well spoken
- Client orientation
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Proper telephone etiquette
- English and Afrikaans
A number of attributes are part of the make-up of the person who will be best suited to the position. They include:
- Must be administratively driven and demonstrate excellent attention to detail skills.
- Must be results oriented and meet the required expectations of the position.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations and decisions.
- Must be a team player and able work individually.
- Excellent Excel and computer skills – Speed
- Excellent communication skills (must be able to communicate on all levels).
- Excellent customer service skills (verbal and written).
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have a Positive attitude