Branch Manager – Kuruman
Kuruman, Northern Cape, South Africa
Who are we?
Sanlam Developing Markets (SDM) (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sanlam Life Limited) is one of the top financial services providers in the South African entry-level and emerging middle market. It aims to understand the unique requirements of clients and offers a wide range of simple and affordable financial solutions that cover needs such as funeral insurance, savings for education, life cover and personal accident plans. In terms of the Sanlam Group Governance Policy, SDM is managed by the SA Retail Mass cluster, which is part of the Sanlam Life and Savings cluster within the Sanlam Group. There are four businesses within the SA Retail Mass cluster, namely; Group Benefits, Individual Life, Safrican Insurance and African Rainbow Life.
The ability to demonstrate, understanding and apply our Sanlam values is embedded in all roles. Applicants must exhibit their commitment to the values as part of the application process.
- Lead with courage
- Serve with pride
- Care because we respect each other
- Act with integrity & accountability
- Grow value through innovation & superior performance
What will you do?
- Manage the achievement of business productivity, quality, manpower targets
- Manage compliance and business risk
- Manage the daily business operations
- Manage and develop the performance of staff
- Resolve escalated operational issues
- Manage budgets
- Allocate worksites or facilities
- Manage changes within the business
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders and clients
- Talent and succession management
- Ensure alignment to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), in all business practices
- Manager of managers.
- Worksite management and relationship building
Qualification & experience
- Grade 12
- Degree or a 3 year diploma in Finance/ Marketing/Business Management; or
- The recruit must have obtained a full qualification (120 Credits. at NQF level 4 would be required and NQF level 5 would be advantageous Categories B1 and B2) as per the FSB’s list of recognized qualifications at the point of recruitment.
- Must have RE5
- RE1 is business requirement from the date of appointment
Knowledge and skills
- At least 5 years industry experience of which 3 years should be in management of sales.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in insurance sales within the entry level market.
- Team Management
- Relating and Networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Adhering to principles and values
- Confidence and decisiveness
- Planning and Organising
- Quality and detail orientation
- Persuading and Influencing
- Achieving personal and work goals and objectives
- Computer Literacy (MS Office)
- Treating Customers Fairly
- Strategic thinking
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.