The main purpose of this position is the end-to-end testing of the Business Intelligence (BI) reports being developed in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE). The testing will cover both the backend (ETL, Database layers, Star Schemas, Cubes) and front-end reports (OBIEE Analysis and Reporting) aspects of the solution. This testing includes functional testing, performance testing, and regression testing as well as co-ordinating and reporting of User Acceptance testing (UAT) execution and sign off.
- Ensure that there is a constant knowledge transfer to staff.
- Describe complex business processes.
- Continuously validate and verify Business Requirements and the Functional Requirements and ensure that the developed solutions will satisfy the customer’s requirements.
- Apply best practices (ISTQB) and industry standards.
- Participate in new Business and Functional requirements discussions and analysis with the Business users (Customer) and the Developers.
- Compile Testing Approach documents.
- Compile Testing Deliverable documentations
- Perform data verification and ETL testing.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Participating in the project throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Planning, execution and obtaining sign-off of all testing deliverables.
- Defining the test approach for the project and highlighting any risks and issues and provide possible mitigating approaches.
- Preparing test data to align to the testing scenarios in each technical environment.
- Assisting with enforcing the Testing Centre of Excellence (TCoE) standards within the project.
- Maintenance of testing defects and testing results and distributing daily reports to key stakeholders.
- Reporting and obtaining sign-off for each test cycle.
Functional, Regression, Performance, Stress testing and User Acceptance Testing:
- Test Approach;
- Test Plans;
- Test Scripts;
- Test Execution Results;
- Defects Management Reports;
- Test Deliverable Sign-off Certificates;
- Test Closure Reports;
- Knowledge Transfer Document per Project; and
- Test Completion Sign Off.
Desired Experience & Qualification
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- Two to six years’ experience in Test execution of reports developed in OBIEE analytical tool.
- Two to six years experienced in conducting functional testing, performance testing, and regression testing as well as co-ordinating and reporting on User Acceptance testing preparation, execution and sign off.
- Extensive knowledge of HP ALM
- Experience in testing in a Business Intelligence & Analytics environment
- Experience in working on Data warehousing Projects.
- A strong understanding of ETLs, Logical Data Models, Star Schemas and Cubes.
The following will be an added advantage:
- Experience in developing the SQL queries for validating data and testing back-end data.
- Knowledge of UFT and LoadRunner
- Strong understanding of the BI environment and terminology.
- Experience in working in an Agile environment
- A Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or an equivalent qualification;
- ISTQB TA or equivalent
- Analytical skills;
- Building trust;
- Service orientation;
- Decision making;
- Verbal and written communication;
- Time and work management;
- Problem solving and analysis;
- Contribute to team success;
- Solid knowledge of the Software Development lifecycle; and
- Motivated self-starter