Automation Tester Intern
Company: Beekman Group
Job Title: Automation Tester Intern
Location: Port Shepstone, KwaZulu-Natal
Closing Date: 18 September 2020
An opportunity has arisen for a candidate to work with the Company on an intern basis. This will ideally suit a candidate who has just completed a relevant tertiary qualification and is seeking work experience, or is studying towards the relevant tertiary qualification. The successful candidate will assist in coordinating the planning, creating of automated test scripts and maintenance of the Group’s existing and new automated test scripts. Assist when required with adhoc projects from time to time.
- Creating and maintaining test plan on different projects
- Maintaining and/or updating of the automation framework
- Maintaining and/or updating of the test automation tools
- Creating, automating and maintaining regression test pack across different projects
- Scheduling and maintaining of automation scripts in different environments
- Assisting Junior test analysts with their automation tasks
- Monitoring and reporting of automation runs in different environments
- All QA activities during all phases of the SDLC from analysing requirements, designing and executing test cases in different environments
- Identifying, preparing and maintaining test data in different test environment
- Facilitating defect resolution directly with the development team
- Use of defect tracking tools to log, manage, resolve and report on bugs/defects
- Following QA standards and best practices to ensure the highest level of quality
- Checking the quality and accuracy of all testing executed by self and fellow team members
- Performing test execution within all test cycles (Performance, System Integration, UAT, and Regression)
- Knowledge sharing with other team members
- Studying towards or just completed ISTQB Foundation and/or Test Analyst Level or similar
- Must possess excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work within team following development methodology e.g. Waterfall, Agile and Scrum
- Experience with Jira would be advantageous
- Proven track record of ability to handle time critical project
Successful Testers are meticulously detailed individuals with a high degree of focus. They are excellent problem-solvers and observant, and they are capable of communicating with a wide range of people. In addition to these general attributes and personality traits, we are seeking Testers with the following skills.
- Software knowledge: Testers must be intimately familiar with the type of software they’re going to be testing.
- Communication skills: It’s necessary that Testers have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
- Attention to detail – Since glitches in a program might not make themselves entirely apparent, it’s important that Testers have excellent attention to detail to identify even the most well-hidden bugs.
- Documentation skills – Because such a large portion of their job relies on recording and reporting the problems they find, Testers must have advanced documentation skills.
- Problem-solving skills – Testers will need to work with developers and other colleagues to find solutions to the glitches they find. Because of this, it’s important that Testers have strong problem-solving skills.