Authorised Principal – Free State
Who are we?
Sanlam Developing Markets (SDM) (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sanlam Life Limited) is one of the top financial services providers in the South African entry-level and emerging middle market. It aims to understand the unique requirements of clients and offers a wide range of simple and affordable financial solutions that cover needs such as funeral insurance, savings for education, life cover and personal accident plans. In terms of the Sanlam Group Governance Policy, SDM is managed by the SA Retail Mass cluster, which is part of the Sanlam Life and Savings cluster within the Sanlam Group. There are four businesses within the SA Retail Mass cluster, namely; Group Benefits, Individual Life, Safrican Insurance and African Rainbow Life.
Are you interested in running your own business as an Authorised Principal?
We are looking to partner with individuals who are interested in building and growing their own business. The ideal candidate is someone with financial services experience, as well as experience in recruiting, managing and motivating a team of advisers.
As an Authorised Principal, you will be responsible for building your own business by recruiting and managing a team of financial advisers on Sanlam’s behalf.
We know how daunting it can be to start your own business, so this partnership will give you the necessary support to get your business off the ground. Sanlam will assist you in doing a feasibility analysis and provide you with a business plan.
Benefits of being an Authorised Principal:
- Entrepreneurial independence.
- Operating under the Sanlam Developing Markets Limited FSP License.
- Excellent service fee structure.
- Transparent contract.
- Access to industry expertise.
- Sanlam pays financial advisers.
- Comprehensive business support.
- Compliance requirements – costs are shared.
- Ongoing training for the Franchise.
- Associated with a 100 year old leading brand.
- Competitive product range.
- Access to key accounts support.
- Vesting manager support.
- Grade 12/ Matric
- Industry recognized qualification
- RE1 and 5
- 2 years’ experience in the financial services industry
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.