• Assist in compiling audit plans, drafting management letters, audit reports and other related documents.
• Ensure the delivery of high quality accurate and cost effective audits and audit reports
• Liaise with management of the auditee on a regular basis through Audit Steering Committees and Audit Committees.
• Liaise with audit firms relating to contract out audits.
• Supervise the SAICA Trainee Accountant Training Scheme
• Maintain and enhance employee motivation.
• Manage audit teams’ performance and implement a culture of performance management.
• Assist in establishing the strategic direction of the component and manage teams by ensuring that they are aligned with the vision, mission and organisational strategic objectives of SNG Grant Thornton.
• Assist in identifying revenue growth opportunities within the component and optimise its operational expenditure.
Qualification and Experience
• Must have recent and consecutive 3 to 5 year post articles experience
• Problem solving and analytical skills with an attention to detail
• Strong report writing skills
• Disciplined self-starter
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects with tight deadlines