Soccer Laduma has an exciting opportunity for an Audio Engineer. The Audio Engineer for Soccer Laduma Radio is responsible for making podcasts sound their best by leading the in-studio process with creativity and sensitivity. In addition to ensuring that the highest quality audio is captured, the Audio Engineer leads the creation and execution of industry-leading sound designs, collaborates with hosts on the editing process, and ensures that our listeners always enjoy audio of the highest quality.
- Lead the creative sound design and production process;
- Collaborate creatively and closely with hosts and guests to develop new shows, specials and pilots, providing both creative and technical consultation;
- Exercise creative and professional oversight in directing talent to perform advertisements with wide ranging sponsor expectations;
- Lead the team in the design and improvement of production and operational workflow, managing digital archives and servers to the highest industry standard;
- Publish flawless final products;
- Assist the team with a strong technical and practical command of audio hardware and software;
- Design and maintain highly organized, professional-standard archival file systems and data workflows, including system backups;
- Independently manage and operate production facilities for all podcast activities including pre- and post-production engineering, voice- over and multi-track engineering;
- Organize and maintain a clean and professional studio environment;
- Report on digital audio performance;
- Upload finished products and provide relevant podcast codes for promotion across digital platforms;
- Edit audio snippets to be used for social media promotion;
- Creating intros, outros, transitions, background music and other required audio insert.
Education & Experience
- Tertiary certificate or qualification in the audio field;
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience working with podcasts, broadcasts and/or other audio and multimedia content * Cuebase Skills;
- Significant creative experience designing stereo soundscapes, ambiences, vocal and musical effects, and mixing to artistic effect;
- Experience with creative editorial; making choices in cutting and arranging content to professional standards.
Skills & Abilities
- Significant to expert proficiency with PC or MAC;
- Passion for recording, editing and scoring audio storytelling;
- Thorough understanding of on-demand audio space, engineering, recording, editing and arranging, signal flow, post production, mixing and mastering for dialog, sound design and music;
- A musical ear and understanding that sound is a character just as much as any person;
- Fast, efficient, highly organized and disciplined, with the ability to consistently perform in a high volume, fast turnaround company.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.