Aluminium Federation of South Africa (AFSA) invites applicants to apply for Internship Programme 2020 / 2021.
Aluminium Federation of South Africa has a Junior Economist or Research Internship for motivated, strong, creative and intelligent candidates. The purpose of this position is to conduct research about the economics of Aluminium globally and in South Africa and ensure that research findings, as well as any other information that may be of interest to AFSA Members, is disseminated.
The dissemination of information and research results may take many forms including but not limited to magazine articles, newsletters, reports, presentations etc. in an understandable manner. Furthermore, the incumbent will make trade data available to AFSA Members on request.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Economics/Engineering or a related field (e.g. Industrial Development Studies, International Trade).
- Have 0-3 years of experience in policy research and analysis.
- Have interest and expertise in themes related to the Aluminium and industrial development.
- Knowledge of issues related to energy (gas and electricity) would be an added advantage;
- Writing, proofreading, editing and presentation skills.
- Have the ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Have an energetic and enthusiastic personality.
- Perform Economic policy research (both qualitative and quantitative analysis).
- Liaise with and support the relevant policy-making entities dealing with Aluminium issues in South Africa in line with AFSA’s mandate and priorities.
- Disseminate research through presentations and article in industry publications, conferences and workshops.
- Provide internal content in research projects, proposals, workshops, training, events, publications, and other outputs.
- Perform any other tasks as and when required.
How to apply
Applications should be forwarded to [email protected]
- Cover letter
- Copy of South African Identity Document
- Copy of Matric Certificate
- Copy of Master’s Degree Certificate
- Copy of Academic Record
AFSA reserves the right not to appoint and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.