Afripack Consumer Flexibles (Pty) Ltd
General purpose of the Position:
The Afripack (Pty) Ltd Business Unit, located in Mobeni / Jacobs, a division of Constantia Flexibles, the world’s third largest producer of flexible packaging, is looking to fill the vacancy of x2 Shift leaders in the Flexibles department.
Execute Shop Floor Schedules with available resources to satisfy customer demands (quality, quantity, on time) and requirements at least cost whilst ensure housekeeping of the highest standard and machines and equipment are clean and maintained through a highly skilled high performance team.
Ensuring Production Supervisors and Operators deliver on Output, Quality, Safety and Waste shift targets.
Supporting closure of employees’ competency gaps..
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To develop a highly skilled and high performance team that consistently achieves and exceeds performance standards, targets and KPI’s.
- Manage the activities and performance of the Supervisors, Operators and Operator assistants and support employees on your shift.
- Satisfy and conform to customer demands (quality, quantity, on time) and requirements and maximise utilisation of resources on your shift.
- Ensure that Health and Safety Standards are adhering to at all times. (Written safe work procedures, no unsafe conditions)
- Ensure housekeeping of the highest standard is maintained.
- Ensure machines and equipment are cleaned as per agreed schedules, that machines are clean at all times and that cleaning is to required standards.
- Ensure that machines and equipment are well maintained, daily inspections are done and all faults are reported and fixed.
- Ensure Africomms function at desired level and continuously update the on line HERO Records with updated Hero outstanding issues, Recognition and Improvement Ideas.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives in the department such as Fish-bones, 5WHYs, JDI’s, OPL’s etc. to solve operational problems.
- Ensure compliance with the BRC – Certification of Conformity system.
- Ensure compliance with the ISO 9001:2008 quality management systems.
- Ensure compliance with the OHSAS 18001:2007 occupational health & safety management system.
- Ensure compliance with the ISO 14001:2004 environmental management systems.
- Ensure allocated customer complaints are investigated, the correct root cause established and that corrective action are determined and implemented to eliminate the root cause.
- Ensure that no waste of any nature is incurred and actively identify cost saving possibilities.
- Compliance: Ensure no temps in a position for more than three (3) consecutive months and overtime hours to be pre-approved with overtime daily, weekly and monthly hours in line with legislation.
- Ensure Technical Trainer continuously updates update the shift’s competency matrix.
- Ensure all employees have updated and actionable Personal Developmental Plans.
- Put together a S-M-A-R-T Employee Engagement Index and Key Leadership Summit tracker with evidence of execution.
- Ensure employees understand how the Gainshare system works.
- Ensure maximum employee attendance. Immediately involve the HR Officer if there are signs of employees poor work attendance.
- Ensure speedy resolution of work place disciplinary issue.
- Support the Technical Trainer with the Internships, Apprenticeships and Learnerships programmes.
- Manage the execution of the Shop Floor Schedules, continually evaluate adherence to the Shop Floor Schedule and take the appropriate corrective action(s) to ensure adherence (timeous execution of the Shop Floor Schedule)
- Cost control: Ensure that there is no waste of any material, parts, components, tools, lubricants, cleaning materials, stationary, sundry materials, unnecessary overtime, etc.
- Develop a self-development plan with Sack Conversion Manager that will ensure you are competent in all activities required from you and future development.
- Qualified Trade Tested
- N5 – 6 Production / Operations management qualification
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Operator in a production environment.
- Min 1-2 years’ experience as a Supervisor in a production environment.
- Experience in Facilitating Africomms.
- Experience in leading continuous improvement projects.
CONSTANTIA CORE Competencies:
- Excellent professional work standard
- Costs control
- Passion for Results
CONSTANTIA ROLE Competencies:
- The Way of The Hero
- Leadership Promise
- Customer Promise
- Planning & Organising
- Managing relationships
The appointment will be made in line with Constantia Afripack’s employment Equity Plan.