Rent a Gardener Pty Ltd
1. Fulfil all requirements of Gardener job description.
2. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
3. Read and write in either English or Afrikaans.
4. Sharpen cutting tools.
Tools and Equipment
The Advanced Gardener must know and be able to use the following equipment:
1. Identify Broken, Poorly Running, or Misused Equipment.
2. Riding lawn mower
3. Soil Probe
7. Pole Pruner
9. Wheel Grinder and File
10. Belly and Push Spreaders
1. Able to identify by common name 30 frequently used plants (bedding flowers, ground cover, shrubs/perennials, trees and turf).
2. Pruning trees, shrubs, and hedges to encourage healthy growth.
3. Basic fertilizer application techniques.
4. Staking trees.
5. Guy wiring trees.
6. Installation of 100 liter and 200 liter plant specimens.
7. Able to identify by common name 5 frequently seen weeds.
8. General needs of plants.
9. Recognising plants with problems.
10. Able to identify by common name 5 frequently seen pests.
1. Location of irrigation point of connection and understand emergency shutdown procedure.
2. Broken pipe and sprinkler head repair.
3. Able to identify the components of all irrigation systems.
4. Understand water management and water meters.
5. Understand irrigation controller programming basics.
Measure of Performance
1. Proficient and safe use of specified equipment.
2. Identify by common name 30 frequently used plants.
3. Able to prune shrubs, hedges and standards correctly.
4. Know basic fertilizer application techniques.
5. Know when and how to sharpen cutting tools.
6. Identify by common name 5 frequently seen weeds and pests.
7. Recognise plant and irrigation problems.
8. Able to stake and prune trees.
9. Able to plant 100 liter and 200 liter plant specimens.
10. Adhere to company policy and safety standards.
11. Able to work as a team member.
1. Use of pesticide application equipment and proper application techniques.
2. Proper cleaning procedure for application equipment.
3. Proper procedure for transporting and storing pesticides.
4. Proper procedure for emergency spill cleanup.
5. Proper use of safety gear.
6. Participation in training program designed for basic pest control procedures.
This position reports directly to the team Foreman.