Gauteng Provincial Government
Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs
Admin Officer – Security Management
Company: Dept of Co-operative Governance & Traditional Affairs
Job Title: Admin Officer – Security Management
Closing Date: 24 August 2020
Directorate: Security and Facilities Management
Package: R257 508.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Supervision of inhouse and contract security personnel, ensure compliance with Service Level Agreement (SLA) by contract security officers,
- Develop security duty list for inhouse security personnel where necessary,
- Conduct after hours security inspections,
- Ensure that inhouse security personnel enter into performance contract/agreement.
- Manage departmental office keys, Draft security registers, assist with security evaluation,
- Investigation and reporting of security breaches and leakage of sensitive information to the ASD:
- Security Management and relevant security authorities (SAPS and SSA).
- Ensure protection of state assets (personnel, information, documents and properties).
- Ensure taking of candidates` fingerprints after their interviews and submission to the State Security Agency (SSA) for screening thereof.
- Continuous liaison with SSA in respect of pre-employment screening of applicants, screening of service providers and vetting of officials
- Matric plus NQF Level 5 in Security Management offered by the State Security Agency (SSA) as well as a PSIRA Grade A Security Certificate coupled with working experience in security field of which 5 years is in investigation of security breaches.
- Competencies: excellent Communication and report writing skills,
- Customer care and ability to identify and solve security related problems.
- Knowledge of Minimum Information Security Standards (MISS), Minimum Physical Security Standards (MPSS), The Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act, Public Finance Management Act 1 of 1999; The Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977; Security procedures Control of Access to Public Premises and Vehicles Act 53 of 1985, etc.
- A valid driver’s license is a must.
How to Apply
- The specific reference number of the post must be quoted; failure to comply with these instructions will disqualify applications from being processed.
- Application must be submitted on a Z83 form (Download Here) accompanied by a recently updated CV and Certified Copies (no copies of certified copies allowed, certification should not be older than 3 months).
- No postal or hand delivery applications will be accepted
- Applications received after closing date will not be accepted. It is the candidate’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Enquiries: Caiphus / Andy, cell 071 474 7078/51
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged, If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.