Acumen Resources Development (Pty) Ltd.
My client within the Building and Construction Industry seeks a Product Manager to position commercial strategies and tactics, to ensure commercial objectives are achieved, within the relevant product portfolio in support of the company’s overall mission and objectives. Inspire and lead innovations within the group to realise its commercial contribution and product leadership ambition.
My client is looking for a candidate that comes from a very Technical background!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and understand the historical context of the product life cycles for the product portfolio to understand and reconcile the current product performance and develop future product strategy within a system perspective.
- Work closely with marketing services and business development manager(s) to ensure relevant product offerings are made available or discontinued where appropriate. Analysis of market trends, driving factors and requirements to ensure growth and maximize commercial performance.
- Development of product marketing and communication plans in line with sector strategy. Ensure consistent alignment to strategy from communication to development of literature, tools and products/solutions delivered.
- Conduct periodic reviews of the current product portfolio with recommendations to the business to ensure the product portfolio is kept efficient, profitable and relevant to support penetration into key sectors.
- Keep abreast and develop market and technical acumen in order to achieve balanced understanding of technical and commercial market requirements.
- Participation in relevant industry organisations in order to remain ahead of industry trends and solutions.
- Leading role in product related projects, launches, testing of new solutions and management of outputs and relationships within cross functional teams in order to champion innovations within your product portfolio.
- Engagement with key customers/other stakeholders and training of customer facing staff to ensure continued understanding of value proposition and penetration.
- New product developments to align with annual and multi-year sector plans. Assessment of current and future market trends to identify future market opportunities and threats through changes in the economic, technological and regulatory environment, customer base, distribution channels, and competitor activity.
- Crafts the value proposition and narrative for the target product portfolios so as to confirm the benefits of choosing and develop solutions to close the market gaps.
- Work closely with Marketing Services to ensure that costs are managed effectively in the production of marketing campaigns, literature and other media.
- Collation and forecasting of sales statistics, cost data, profitability, customer and supplier activity to provide statistical information on product performance. Monitor and measure sales and margin achievement versus target.
- Develop and monitor competitor database, activity, commercial and technical advantage and recommendations in anticipation of market activity.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Qualifications required to fulfil the role:
- Relevant Commercial Degree or equivalent.
- Postgraduate degree or MBA qualification would be an advantage.
Specific Work Experience, Knowledge and Skills required to fulfil the role:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at middle management level
- Input to strategy formulation, planning and execution.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures.
- Ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to manage several projects.
- Ability to develop financial plans.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Exceptional professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Risk management, finance, marketing and business acumen.
Package & Remuneration
up to R1M (CTC)