The Industrial Development Corporation, or IDC, is inviting suitably qualified parties who are interested applying for its Bursary Programmes for various areas of discipline. Read on for more details about this bursary opportunity.
The Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa is an organization engaged in a variety of projects connected to capacity building, human resources development as well as human capital development. The main objective of the IDC is to resolve acute skills deficits in South Africa. In addition, it serves as a mechanism for recruiting and developing professional employees. Providing bursary support or study assistance to deserving and qualified students is one of such initiatives.
The Industrial Development Corporation SA Bursary Programme
The IDC Bursary Programme is available to students pursuing the qualification in the following fields of study:
Bursary support will cover the following school-related expenses:
- Tuition fees and campus accommodation
- Required textbooks
- Board and lodging in a residence approved by the school
- Meal allowance for beneficiaries staying in a self-catering residence
The IDC Bursary Programme does not guarantee employment once a beneficiary completes his/her qualification.
Requirements or Eligibility
Selection of successful candidates will be based on the following criteria:
- Applicants coming from rural areas are will be given preference
- Must have at least a B aggregate symbol in Grade 12 Math and Science subjects
- Applicants already pursuing university degrees must have obtained at least an average of C aggregate
- Applicants in their second or third year of university or technological university studies will be screened based on their Grade 12 and most recent academic performance
Click here to view The Industrial Development Corporation Bursary Programme advert.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the programme’s minimum criteria will need to register an account on the IDC careers web page. Make sure to prepare the following documents for uploading during the application process:
- Certified copies of this school year’s Grade 12 results along with Matric/NSC or most recent results
- Copy of provisional university admission letter
- Certified copy of South African ID
- Must be pursuing full time studies at a recognized university
- Applicants must be 25 or younger
- Proof of income (e.g. parent’s or guardian’s payslip)
- Copy of divorce certificate if parents are divorced
Click the link below to start registering your account:
Opening and Closing Date
Bursaries application is open and will close on 31 August 2019.
If you wish to know more about the Industrial Development, visit its website by clicking the link below: