: South Africa-Ballito-Fairmont Zimbali Resort
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, all guest service has the potential to create a lasting memory when it is delivered with warmth and sincerity. Be an ambassador for our brand as a Reservation Agent, where the engaging and anticipative service you provide over the telephone will make our guests feel valued and reflect the exceptional hotel experience to come.
On KwaZulu-Natal’s Dolphin Coast, under an abundant forest canopy, you will find Zimbali – Zulu for “valley of flowers.” A sanctuary unlike any other in South Africa, this charming and unspoiled region is a nature lover’s wonderland. Dappled shadows from the lush vegetation and cool breezes from the Indian Ocean leave their mark on your soul. Endless beaches and clear skies invite you to relax and dream. Within this subtropical paradise, set within the serene confines of a coastal forest reserve, you will find the highest expression of exclusive hospitality: Fairmont Zimbali Resort.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Reservation Manager , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responds to enquiries about hotel products and services over the telephone, fax, email, etc.
- Determines guest’s needs and quotes the appropriate room and rate as per requirements.
- Books reservation with most accurate information to ensure exceeding guest’s expectations.
- Arranges accommodation, visas and activity requirements for leisure, corporate and wholesaler’s guests.
- Has a general understanding of Groups – including cut off dates, blocking and booking policies and procedures.
- Acts in accordance with the standards, conforms to the policies and procedures of FHR
- Possesses full command of IRIS, Fidelio and other Microsoft applications (necessary training will be provided).
- High communication skills verbal and written. Perfect use of English
- Understands Revenue Management strategies, sell levels and sell directed rates and is able to apply these methods to offer as per available Hotel inventory.
- Co-operates, co-ordinates and communicates with all other departments to ensure highest level of Guest service is maintained and the maximum profit is generated.
- Ensures knowledge of all facilities, services and hours of operation in order to respond confidently and effectively to inquiries.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to personal Guest Service excellence and profitably through special duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and promotes all Company Health & Safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Complies with all LQA Standards as well as SOP’s for their role
- Promotes and practices all FHRI values of teamwork, mutual respect, integrity and empowerment among all co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned
Must possess outstanding sales skills, guest service skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills.
Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever changing environment whilst remaining calm, collective and accurate.
Possess full command of Fidelio, Opera and other Microsoft applications (necessary training will be provided). Computer literacy in Windows, MS Office Suite is a must.
Must be flexible in terms of working hours (Shift Timing)
1 year experience in similar positions and customer service
A Hospitality diploma is an asset
Must be able to handle multitude of tasks in an intense, ever changing environment while remaining calm, collective and accurate.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, walking and standing
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in South Africa. Preference will be given to suitably qualified applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you’ll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!