Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location AC Hotel Cape Town Waterfront, Dockrail Road, Foreshore, Cape Town, South Africa, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand AC Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We’re looking for cultural innovators to join our team. If you are someone who has an inner creativity and love for art, design and culture, then we invite you to explore a career with AC Hotels.
The successful incumbent is responsible to ensure that all rooms and public area’s in the housekeeping department are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Marriott International Policies and Procedures.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar position within Housekeeping in a 4 or 5 Star Hotel
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Customer / staff focused
- Team orientation
- Attention to detail
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Conduct daily briefings with all staff and ensure proper planning is done.
- Ensure accurate stock take.
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, pool, etc. after being cleaned by Housekeeper to ensure quality standards.
- Run sold room reports, verify room status, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms.
- Assist Housekeeping management in managing daily activities.
- Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering, Front Office, and Laundry.
- Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk. Prepare, distribute, and communicate changes in assignment sheets/workboards.
- Communicate issues to next shift.
- Complete required paperwork.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counselling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move at a speed that is required to respond to work situations (e. g., run, walk, jog).
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print). Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects).
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.