Hospitality, Western Cape George
NOW RECRUITING – ASSISTANT FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
The Front Office departmentis now accepting applications for an Assistant Front Office Manager – someone with drive and passion for the industry, the ability to lead a team and to maintain the Leading Hotel of the Worlds standards.
The ideal candidate will have good interpersonal and communication skills, have good product knowledge, be friendly, guest centric, a team player and have a keen eye for detail. Grade 12 with 3 years experience in a supervisory or managerial position within the hospitality environment is required as well as working knowledge of MS Office, Opera / Fidelio. A Hospitality qualification; a valid driver’s license and knowledge of SAP and Guest Connect will be advantageous.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Check all rate overrides prior to arrival and ensure correct authorization has been obtained, or accountability has been provided
- Check the Departure Report daily for any discrepancies on room rates and ensure that all rooms have been correctly charged
- Responsible for daily checks on floats and ensure that safe is adequately stocked with change at all times
- Follow up on the open balance status on a daily basis and liaise with the relevant department managers to ensure that payment for departed functions/groups/guests is received promptly
- Attend to requests and complaints from guests without delay and in an appropriate manner
- Liaise directly and on a daily basis with all relevant departments to discuss the day’s events and any special requests from guests
- Organize and supervise all staff; manage and control performance appraisals of Receptionist
The Company’s Employment Equity Plan will be taken into consideration with all appointments. Should you not be contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Other Benefits: Provident Fund