This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
Fax : 0865784315
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : Transnet Freight Rail
Position Title : Horticulturist
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Infra Engineeri
Location : Vryheid
Reporting To : Technical Support Manager
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 50015010
To manage the environment within Transnet Freight Rail network property to acceptable, environmental friendly
standards,using cost effective, vegetative related solutions and environmental practices.
- Managed environment in Transnet Freight Rail network property, to conformity to the environmental and legal aspects
- Short, Medium and Long term planning/schedules
- Financial control of annual Depot weed control budget
- Vegetation stabilization and rehabilitation (Properly controlled vegetation)
- Management of resources according to agreed Infrastructure standards
Qualifications & Experience:
- Be in possession of a (Code B) driver’s license and be competent and prepared to drive such a vehicle
- Must be in possession of a National Diploma in Horticulture