Reporting directly to the Senior Home Inspector, the Home Inspector will be responsible for carrying out on-site inspections of all enrolled homes at key stages of construction, to ensure the quality of work is in compliance with the Home Building Manual and any other relevant Building Regulations. Ensure risks are identified and mitigated timeously.
- Conduct mandatory stage on-site inspections to all homes within the agreed turn-around times and ensure compliance with the building manual;
- Ensure that all inspection stages conducted are as per approved municipal plan and on the correct site;
- Measure the time frame from allocated date to 1st inspection date;
- Perform on site evaluation of complaint within specified time period;
- Attend site meetings with Home builder/relevant stakeholders as and when required;
- Record and maintain accurate inspection records through inspection device and or Manual BQIH forms;
- Compile and submit pre inspections where the commencement dates do not coincide with application dates on homes before the enrolment can be fully processed to ensure the correct information is recorded within the agreed turnaround time;
- Conduct ad-hoc inspection to ensure that all home builders comply with the HCPMA and issue notices of non-compliances to all defaulting home builders not complying with HCPMA;
- Coordinate and arrange site meetings with Home Builders/relevant stakeholders as and when required;
- Issue administrative and technical notice of non-compliance to defaulting home builders;
- Verify and monitor that all N/C’s issued have been addressed;
- Educate home builders about home building manual where deviations are identified during inspection;
- Attendance of Builder Disciplinary Hearings on invitation from Legal;
- Attend Court Hearings on all Legal matters on invite from legal;
- Assist Legal at laying criminal charges against defaulting Home Builders (Section 10 of HCPMA) by providing necessary relevant information;
- Provide input into inspectorate policies, procedures and processes and related policies;
- Respond timeously to Audit or Risk queries as required through Senior Home Inspector;
- Adhere to statutory safety regulations and operational standards, procedures and practices and report non-compliance;
- Participate in regular safety meetings and make recommendations to ensure overall safety;
- Attendance of internal inspectorate meetings;
- Contribute to management reports as requested;
- Maintain accurate records of all travel and expenses as per approved policy;
- Compile and submit reports within the required turnaround time;
- Compile FUR’s on completed homes and ensure that all relevant documents have been received;
- Upload all the manual inspections conducted using manual BQIH forms to the system;
- Maintain relationship with customers to improve the standard of build and compliance;
- Consistently communicate with the Home Builders on the start dates of critical construction stages;
- Advise Home Builders on NHBRC technical standards while conducting inspections;
- Provide relevant and specialized technical support to applicable stakeholders;
- Respond to formal stakeholder queries and complaints;
- Maintain internal relations, including the interface across departments to ensure departmental needs are met and employees are satisfied;
- Conduct stakeholder communication and training as and when required;
- Attendance to development workshops and interventions as per agreed Individual Development Plan;
- Timeous submission of performance agreements and reviews.
- Grade 12;
- NQF level 6 qualification in related disciplines such as Civil Engineering, Architecture, Built Environment (Quantity Surveying and Construction Management);
- 5 years’ experience in building construction and/or construction management;
- Own vehicle and a valid Driver’s License;
- Project Management experience will be advantageous.
The above-mentioned position will be offered on a permanent basis with a Total Cost to Company package.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes.
Tel: (011) 317 0000
Please email your CV to [email protected] with “Home Inspector: Gauteng” in the subject line. Applicants are informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within 1 month after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan. The NHBRC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates will be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the National Home Builders Registration Council is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.