This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : [email protected]
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : Transnet NPA
Position Title : Hangar Assistant
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Aviation
Location : Richards Bay
Reporting To : Chief Aviation Engineer
Grade Level : K2
Reference Number : 10157544
Under the direction and supervision of the Chief Aviation Engineer, ensure that TNPA helicopters and facilities are kept in a
neat and clean condition. Assist the aircraft maintenance engineering teams with equipment set up for inspections, towing of
aircraft and handling as directed by the Chief Aviation Engineer. Deliver equipment and spares to ensure continued
- Provide general assistance to aircraft maintenance engineering teams during and after maintenance activities;
- Clean, inspect and maintain shop tools and equipment in compliance with OEM and regulatory requirements;
- Assist with ground movements of aircraft within and out of maintenance workshops;
- Operation of manual and motorised aircraft ground handling equipment;
- Assist with aircraft jacking and levelling procedures;
- Assist with aircraft weighing processes;