Maun, North West, Botswana
THROUGH HIGH-END ECOTOURISM – JOIN WILDERNESS SAFARIS NOW –
Proudly born and bred in Botswana over 35 years ago, Wilderness Safaris remains dedicated to pioneering authentic and sustainable ecotourism in Africa, whilst making a positive impact on conservation, and driving community empowerment. By doing this, the company helps to protect more than 2.5 million hectares of pristine wilderness areas.
Wilderness Safaris Botswana is inviting like-minded people who suit the below criteria to apply for the exciting career opportunity: General Manager-Bush Based to join this remarkable company to help drive positive change in Africa through high-end ecotourism.
Administration,Coordinator,Executive Management,Hospitality,Management,Management Consulting,Senior Management
Day to day general management of the lodge in conjunction with the lodge departmental managers. Areas of focus include guest activities, hosting, housekeeping, catering, curio shop, staff welfare, staff up-liftment, stock takes, banking, accounts, administration, maintenance, and liaise with different Government Departmental Officials. They will report directly to the Concession Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Driving the hospitality and safari offering so as to exceed guest expectations. Managing all operations of the camp, including staff management. Ensuring the maintenance and ongoing development of the environmental management Plan within the set framework. Maintaining all aspects of facilities and assets both in the camp and back of house through best practice of hygiene and safety standards for both guests and staff. Drive employee development through Company approved initiatives.
- A National Diploma in Tourism Management or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the hospitality industry.
- Experience in handling international guests and seasoned travellers will give an added advantage.
- Lodge Management background and knowledge of the Safari lodge business is preferable.
- Computer skills (MS Office suite).
- Outstanding communication skills
- Service excellence (desire to enhance Guest Experience)
- Problem solving
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Must have outstanding leadership skills
- Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply by following the link below: