Boyne, South Africa
September 30, 2019
Fundraising Administrator: (Resources Mobilisation Centre)
Applications are invited from suitable qualified persons for appointment to the above position.
The purpose of the position is to provide effective fundraising and administrative support, which
high secretarial backing to the Resource Mobilisation Centre.
- A relevant Degree/National Diploma in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications with
extensive equivalent experience in fundraising.
- At least three years’ corporate working experience, preferably in fundraising.
- Extensive administrative experience with inclination to financial management.
- Excellent time management and coordination of multiple activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Computer proficiency with sound knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and
- Project management experience will be advantageous.
- Experience in donor contact management system(s).
- General experience in Institutional Advancement practices in higher education institutions
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Provide office administrative support services such as filing, record keeping, bookings etc.
- Set up and coordinate appointments with internal and external stakeholders (donor
partners, sponsors, alumni and relevant Deans, HOD’s, Project leaders etc.
- Manage the office in the absence of the Deputy Director.
- Donor database management
- Ensure documents and reconciliations are done accurately on a regular basis.
- Assist with market research and identification of potential funders.
- Coordinate sponsorship solicitation drive for conferences and other sponsorship needs.
- Ensure that funders receive adequate reports within prescribe formats and within allocated
- Correspond with project leaders on the status of their proposals and reports.
- Assist with drafting proposals that conform to the guidelines provided by the Resource
Mobilisation Centre and funders.
- Update funders on progress of projects.
- Identify new projects with funding potential within the University.
Typed applications which should contain comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of all
qualifications and contact details of three referees, should be forwarded, for the attention of LS
Ngoatje, to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Private Bag X1106, Sovenga, 0727 or e-mail
applications, in MS Word format, to [email protected]
Telephonic enquiries regarding conditions of service: (015) 268 – 3513
Only registered members can apply for jobs.