This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : [email protected]
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : Transnet NPA
Position Title : Financial Officer – Accounts Receivable
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Finance
Location : Richards Bay
Reporting To : Revenue Accountant
Grade Level : I2X
Reference Number : 10157370
Effective credit control of trade debtors and sundry debtors to ensure timeous collections as well as implementing procedures
and strategies to improve collections and minimise potential bad debt risk.
- Identify high risk clients
- Resolve account queries
- Liaison with General Ledger department for processing of all allocations and journal entries.
- Generate invoices in respect of sundry debtors and interest for late payments.
- Reconciliation of debtor’s ledger to general ledger.
- Journal entries passed in respect of receipts for other ports.
Advise client for possible review of credit facility.
- Ensure month -end receipts are received timeously and raise interest for late payments.
- Follow up on claims.
- Accurate and timeously clearing for trade and lease debtors accounts.
- Preparing recurring debtor journals.
- Identify and follow – up on outstanding, as well as clients who are over-trading in order to minimize potential debts.
- Early communication to overdue debtors and preparation and sending of letters.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly debtors’ age analysis reports management.
- Perform credit risk assessments periodically for all clients.
- Request for interim receipts to ensure client’s set/approved limit is not exceeded.
- Maintenance of all regional clients guarantees and deposits.
- Reconcile debtor receipts to ensure short-payments are valid as well as to ensure that disputes are resolved timeously.
- Preparation of monthly provision for doubtful depts. schedule by assessing reasonability of debt and providing relevant
- Accurate allocation of receipts, to ensure statements reflect correct balances for all debtors.
- Requesting of customers remittances to ensure statement reflect correct allocation of receipts.
- Sending of monthly trade debtor statements to ensure timeous payments.
- Sending of invoices/statements on adhoc basis when requested by clients.
- Printing of monthly lease debtor statements for Real Estate Department to sent to tenants.
- Provision of documents when requested in situations when clients are handed over to Legal.
- Preparation, submission and monitoring of monthly cash flows for all Receipts.
- Preparation of Master-file Amendment forms for authorization.
- Requesting and processing of documents for prospective clients per Credit Management Policy and application forms.
- Sending pro-forma invoices and following up on receipts for cash accounts.
- Maintaining of Debtor Master Data.
- identify bad payers and institute action e.eg. compile stop list to stop vessels from trading and assist credit controllers in this
- Preparation of monthly debtors recons.
Qualifications & Experience:Qualifications & Experience:
- Credit Management certificate (12 months) I.C.M. (Institute of Credit Management) OR equivalent
- At least 2-3 experience in Finance (Credit Control) field/environment
- Computer Literacy including SAP
- Interpersonal Skills
- Report Writing Skills
- Communication Skills
- Financial Acumen
- Decision Making
- Change Agent
- Business Process re-engineering
- Reporting Skills
- Business Writing
- Tax Legislation
- Knowledge of SAP (Financial models)
- Port Financial Systems and information technology
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Management Accounting principles including budgeting/forecasting
- Financial reconciliation
- Team working
- SAP (ERP)
- Cash flow management
- Best Business/Corporate Governance practices
Only registered members can apply for jobs.