Grain Field Chickens, a subsidiary of VKB Agriculture (PTY)Ltd, is a dynamic role player in the integrated broiler industry with an abattoir in Reitz in the North Eastern Free State. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
Administers and control all cash and card transactions handled at the factory shop.
- Grade 12 or NQF 4 equivalent.
- Certificate / Diploma in Office Administration will be advantageous
- Computer literate (Advance Excel, knowledge of formulas and graphs, it will be tested during interview).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in warehouse & logistics environment.
- 3-4 years’ experience in administration will be advantageous.
- Good mathematical/analytical skills
- Maintaining a professional attitude and appearance.
- Ability to follow directions, instructions and work as a team member.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime including shifts when required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Process cash and card payments as and when required to do so by direct superior.
- Assist with NAV sales and generating customers’ orders on NAV.
- Do daily cash-up and banking as per procedure.
- Display items that are on special to customers.
- Weekly stock-taking and maintaining inventory.
- Assist customers with loading of stock.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Clean shelves, counters, cold storage and tables.
- Actively be involved in the receiving of new shipment.
- Daily housekeeping.
- Any other duties as may be required by management.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent client service.
- Conflict handling.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office.
The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion. Should you do not hear from us within one month of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Correspondence will only be limited to short listed candidates.