Estee Lauder Marketing Intern
Brand: Estée Lauder Companies
The Estée Lauder Companies’ Marketing Internship program runs for 3 months. Interns will be based at our company offices in Kyalami. The internship will consist of meaningful brand marketing, sales, education and communication work experience and participation in various projects, tasks and assignments.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume responsibility assisting the marketing team with the development, co-ordination and implementation of marketing activities to achieve sales & profit targets, enhance brand equity and drive market share.
- Assist Marketing Manager and Product Managers
- Assist with administrative and operational marketing work
- Co-ordination of all meetings for the marketing team
Administrative and Operational marketing brand work
- Develop a marketing time schedule and assist the Marketing Manager to track all scheduled marketing calendar activities
- Assist with the planning and execution of all Brand conferences/meetings
- Co-ordinate all internal meetings as requested by the marketing team. This includes:
- Setting up meetings
- Organizing catering for meetings
- Co-ordinate meeting attendance
- Take minutes and distribution of them (when requested)
- Assist in compiling Induction Programme for all new marketing employee orientations and arranging the necessary marketing documentation files for them
- Assist in compiling presentations (e.g. power point) for the team.
- Assist in compilation of all Retailer Strategy meetings needs including presentations, files, schedules and logistics.
- Assist in the maintenance of local website monthly.
- Assist in the collating of online, sms, website and other new media opportunities
- Assist in marketing orders i.e. S1 and miscellaneous.
- Conduct Brand special projects from start to finish
- Load all marketing related PO’s onto the system and follow through to finance
- Ensure that office area is tidy and free of clutter.
- Responsible for competitor analysis and store visits
- Responsible for Brand customer research/focus groups
- Responsible for assisting with customer product requests
- Assist marketing team with regards to Preview and Retail events
- Compiling of hampers for adhoc events or events team members/suppliers
- Courier of support elements for Special Events to the coastal areas
- Assist in chasing up sales team on Special Events feedback – figures and successes / challenges per event
- Attend and support Gauteng retail events
- Courier of Special Events support elements to coastal / outlying regions i.e. Makeup Artist Program elements and launch / promotional support elements
- Ensuring Gauteng stores receive support elements mentioned in points above
- Adhoc miscellaneous order placements
- Collections from DC
- General Hampers, give- aways & competitions
- Order follow up
- Assistance in collating strategy information
- Creating of spreadsheets for reporting
- Update of marketing calendar/DC schedules
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Currently studying towards or holding Bachelor’s Degree and 1 years related experience preferable
- Have a strong Brand Management and Digital Marketing interest/passion
- Like to bring creativity & innovation to your work
- Have strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate well across teams and business partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate consumer feedback into actionable consumer insights
- Ability to handle complexity, with an agile, flexible approach
- Willingness to learn and forge internal and external relationships
- Ability to make sound judgements, demonstrates Credo values.
- Takes initiative / ownership – a self-motivated team player
- Demonstrates commitment to Quality and Compliance
- Computer Literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-ZA-GT-Johannesburg
Job Type: Internship
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 1926580
All applications will be considered in accordance to the terms of the Estee Lauder Companies – South Africa Employment Equity Plan. Preference will be given but not limited to candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds provided they meet the inherent requirements of the job.