This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : [email protected]
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : TPT Nqgura CT
Position Title : ER Officer
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Human Resources
Location : Ngqura
Reporting To : Corporate ER Manager
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 20003391
To ensure in partnership with all stakeholders on shift , the continuous “hands on” pro-active implementation, management
and maintenance of fair employee relations , (Legislation, Policy, Practices and Procedures) which are consistent throughout
1. Manage Trade Union Representation iro. Recognition agreement.
2. Drafting and monitoring the distribution of business communication ,ops briefs and newsletters.
3. Solve and manage individual group grievance and other issues through consultation/negotiation and recommend within
laid down policy
4. Advise/ Line Managers and employees regarding E.R. issues (Training).
5. Advise/Assist employees on basic rights, E.R. procedure (Pro-active).
6. Schedule disciplinary hearings and ensure procedural fairness and compliance to the process.