An opportunity currently exists for an emerging contractor in the Kruger National Park at the following camps and their surrounding bush camps, gates, ranger posts and picnic spots 🙁 Punda Maria, Shingwedzi, Mopani, Letaba, Olifants, Satara, Skukuza, Lower Sabie, Crocodile Bridge, Berg en Dal and Pretoriuskop camps), as part of an Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) funded by the National Department of Tourism. The duration of the project is approximately 24 months.
The focus of this EPWP is local employment, and as such small contractors coming from the KNP People and Parks managed structures, which are the KNP Seven Community Forums and Land Claimant forum ( This refers to all KNP adjacent villages falling within the overseer of People & Parks and its strategic local community structures including the KNP local Traditional Councils within the above mentioned local forums’ jurisdiction) will be given first preference and consideration as applicants for this opportunity.
Candidates who meet the above requirements MUST forward their applications with the following documents (any copies of the original document must be certified):
- Detailed CV
- Certified copy of Qualification, i.e. Grade 12
- Certified copy of Identity Document
- Certified copy of Driver’s license
- Certified copy of PDP license
- Certified copy of Company registration document (if applicable)
- Proof of vehicle ownership – either vehicle registration and or lease/rental agreement
- Tax clearance (if applicable)
- Letter of Good Standing from Compensation Commissioner
- Central Supplier Database form if applicable (First Page only)
The application must be submitted to:
Human Capital Management
Att: Ms Queeneth Mashigo
Private Bag X402, Skukuza, 1350
Tel: (013) 735 4204
Email: [email protected]
Correspondences will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 14 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: The programme shall prioritise opportunities for Youth, Women and people living with disabilities, consistent with the EPWP employment equity objectives. Please note that each applicant must indicate their nearest KNP camp and gates as well as their forum or land claimant constituency name and their leadership when applying. The teams might be required to stay in the park from Mondays to Fridays
- Grade 12 will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in fencing maintenance/construction.
- Must be in possession of a suitable vehicle and its roadworthy certificate that will be able to transport a minimum of 10 people if shortlisted, the vehicle will be inspected. The vehicle can be leased/rented.
- Valid driver’s license.
- PDP is essential as per EPWP requirements and or a nominated driver with PDP will be acceptable.
- General knowledge and understanding of allocating and managing works.
- Good verbal and oral communication skills.
- Experience in supervising workers.
- COIDA Registered with valid Letter of Good Standing or in a position to do so within two weeks of appointment.
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate for a company or in a position to do so within two weeks of appointment.
- Must have South African citizenship.
- Must be an HDI (Historically Disadvantaged Individual) from the listed locality and communities.
- The company must be registered on Government Central Supplier Database (CSD), or in a position to do so within two weeks of appointment.
- Previous experience in administration and finance will be an added advantage.
- Health and Safety, First Aid level two certificate will be an added advantage.
- Construction Industry Development Board grading will be an added advantage.
- A registered business would be an added advantage
- Must not be receiving a state pension or assistance from a social security system (a contractor may be receiving a disability grant).
- Must not have taken a state VSP (Voluntary Severance Package).
- Must not be employed elsewhere or participate in a contract.
- Must be the only one in their household who works for the EPWP programme.
- May not be financially involved with or from the immediate family of any SANParks staff member or Project Advisory Committee member.
- An approved EPWP daily wage will be paid to the contractor, skilled, semi-skilled and labourers as per approved business plan.
- Manage, supervise and delegate work to general infrastructure maintenance team/s on a labour-only basis.
- Operational planning for the implementation of works.
- Manage the finances and administration of the contracting team.
- General administration: complete attendance registers, pay sheet for workers, vehicle log sheets, accident and incident register.
- Record keeping of daily activities (production record).
- Liaise with the project manager and Technical Services Manager within the National Park.
- Ensure health & safety compliance.
- Conform to the legal requirements relating to transport and labour issues.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.