The successful applicant will report to the Enzyme Manufacturing Supervisor. The role entails providing technical support to Enzyme Manufacturing Scientists, upkeep of equipment and the production of sufficient volumes of
stock solutions and buffers to meet the needs of the RSS Cape Town Enzyme Manufacturing group. This is a 6 month contract position.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Ensuring timeous manufacturing of buffers and stock solutions, whilst maintaining low obsolescence, waste and non-conformances.
- Maintenance and upkeep of selected pieces of equipment and production areas.
- Ensuring that the Enzyme Manufacturing Supervisor is kept in the loop production progress and delays.
- Assist with the building of a team culture of excellence, exceptional work ethic, superior quality of work and collaborative team spirit.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- National Diploma, BSc, BTech or equivalent experience in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or another relevant biological/biomedical discipline.
- Knowledge of RSS CPT production processes and relevant procedures.
- The ability to work in an accurate and meticulous manner within specified time frames while planning daily activities on multiple levels.
- Accountability, the ability multitask, perform consistently under pressure and work without supervision.
- Excellent communication and personal task management skills.
- Positive attitude, a high level of self-motivation and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven track record of strong work ethic and drive to achieve.
- Ability to deal with and adapt to change.
Who we areAt Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.