- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Sound Knowledge of quality systems (ISO 9001)
- Sound knowledge of Engineering Management techniques
- Knowledge & application of safety policies and procedures
- Extensive Knowledge of relevant legislation and codes of good practice (e.g. labour legislation, OHSA) and regulatory requirements
- Broad Knowledge of All Engineering Design & Principles
- Extensive Knowledge of National and International Standards
- Extensive knowledge of Engineering tools / Software
- Intimate Knowledge of and application of SANS
- Extensive understanding of project controls function
- Good Multi-Office Project Experience
- Extensive Multi-Project Phase Experience
- Extensive Management of Department
- Thorough understanding of the project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule.
Is responsible for People, activities and performance of the following departments within the applicable office
§ Process department
§ Civil department
§ Mechanical department
§ Instrumentation & Control department
§ Design (Drawing Office) department
§ Piping engineering department
§ Electrical department
- Ensures that a trained, motivated, technical and quality/cost conscious and balanced staff is developed and maintained.
- Ensures that the qua lity of the work performed by “Engineering” is in accordance with Jacobs’ standard, procedures and clients requirements as laid down in the contract.
- Motivates the engineering departments to keep abreast of new developments in their area of responsibility.
- Liaises with Project Managers to ensure that satisfactory progress is being made on all projects to achieve maximum profitability and schedule compliance.
- Assists the Operations Manager in establishing the corporate/company plans and objectives directed towards attainment of profitable operations and company growth, including determining of priorities between projects.
- Controls, on an overall basis, the resources within “Engineering” office.
- Assesses the performance of his key personnel
- Plans for the most effective use of staff.
- Ensures that the operations within “Engineering” are in accordance with the general Jacobs policies and organization procedures.
- Attends pricing reviews & reviews engineering manhours to execute the related scope of work as defined in the proposal.
· Reviews with the department heads of “Engineering”:
§ Budgets for overhead and internal projects.
§ Workload, structure, composition and size of the department.
§ Training requirements and career planning (horizontal and vertical) to achieve short and long term objectives.
§ Salary increases and promotions to a senior position and above.
§ Matters pertaining organization and quality.
- Supports/promotes project control (quality/cost/schedule) for engineering.
- Takes leadership on Safety & BeyondZero
- Participates in engineering trouble cases.
- Attends management review and progress meetings on quality assurance.
- Attends meetings of the quality management steering committee.
- Is involved in laying down Jacobs’ house rules.
- Hire and fire personnel in common agreement with Operations Manager and Human Resources Director.
- Approve salary increases and promotions within “Engineering” branch.
Relevant Tertiary Qualification – Engineering (B.Sc or B.Eng)
: South Africa-South Africa Countrywide-Sasolburg
Only registered members can apply for jobs.