Doctors without Borders (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation committed to two objectives: providing medical assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, natural and man-made disasters; and speaking out about the plight of the populations assisted. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Today, MSF is present in more than 60 countries, where thousands of MSF doctors, nurses, logisticians, water-and-sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical professionals work together to bring essential health services to people caught in humanitarian crises.
The IT intern will respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and assist in developing solutions. He/she will also perform minor repairs to equipment and assist with all other servicing needs. The IT intern will provide direct technical assistance and support to staff for network, hardware and software issues including installing and maintaining computer systems, resolving internet and network access issues, providing network printer support and determining causes of computer/software/Network malfunctions.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- First line user support
- Logging of all tickets
- Assist with setting up video conferences
- Record and label assets in register
- Prepare and follow up on orders
- Weekly backup rotation
- Submit requests for new e-mail addresses to Global e-mail support
- Add/ remove users from mailing lists
- Monitor antivirus software and updates and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be pursuing or have completed an IT/network related qualification.
- A good understanding of computer network cabling and network file and print services.
- Proficiency in computer applications: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Minimum of six months paid or volunteer work experience with computer desktop support in a networked environment for a small to mid-sized organization.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectiveness in working with a high performing team
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and promote strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Must be available and willing to commit at least six (12) months.
- Ideal starting date: 13 January 2020
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter
Please note that applicants need to be eligible to work in South Africa and provide the necessary documentation upon request.