Applications are invited for the above mentioned position to be based in Boksburg . The successful applicant will report directly to the Distribution Centre Manager and will be responsible for the end to end operational management on his/her assigned shift of 8 hours.
This is the biggest Distribution Centre within Distell and will operate on a 24 hour 6 day a week shift pattern.
Key performance areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for cost effective warehousing, receiving and despatching of finished goods
- Responsible for maintaining a zero tolerance on write offs & losses and variance reporting
- Provide a high standard of customer service, both internal and external
- Responsible for picking and loading execution according to plan
- Ensure that housekeeping is maintained to Distell standards
- Responsible for asset management including battery bay
- Ensure the warehouse complies with QC and risk management policies
- Effective on boarding and management of subordinates
- Responsible for management of contracted service providers
- Accurate and timeous completion of reports
- Grade 12
- MS Office (Excel /Word) at advanced level
- Good co-ordination & communication skills
- Excellent and proven leadership skills
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and participate in Stock Take
- Self-driven, motivated person
- Own transport and valid driver’s license
- Successful candidate must be willing and able to work shifts
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be a definite advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in working in a similar warehousing environment.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference Number: 16043
Closing Date: 05 September 2019
Job Segment: Accounting, ERP, Risk Management, SAP, Finance, Technology