Distell Ltd offers exciting opportunities for candidates with potential for placement in our Quality Department. This position will be allocated to be based at Distell Wadeville Quality Control Laboratories.
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are currently studying towards a relevant formal qualification.
Successful interns will be expected to enter into a full-time 12 month contract commencing on the 1st of February 2020 and terminating on the 31 January 2021.
Key Learning Areas include, but are not limited to:
- Quality Assurance (Intrinsic & extrinsic quality control; Quality Management Systems; etc.)
- South African citizenship.
- Satisfactory academic record and in final year of obtaining relevant tertiary qualification / recently qualified
(e.g. National Diploma in Food Technology; National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry; BSc Bio Technology; etc).
- Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Sound communication and presentation skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position.
- Willing and able to work extended hours.
- Reliable transport to and from place of work.
- Must be willing, able and committed to enter into and complete the 12 month internship programme.
- Covering letter/ Motivational letter.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Certified copy of tertiary academic record (progress report).
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate.
- A letter from the tertiary institution stating the internship requirement and format for evaluation.
- Certified copies of Identity Document.
- Certified copies of driving licence (if applicable).
If interested and meet all requirements, kindly log onto Distell’s Careers Page: https://www.distell.co.za/careers/ in order to register and apply online.