The incumbent will be required to:
- To provide effective administrative and secretarial support to the Programme Manager: HDI Development Programme and the HDI-DP unit;
- Display capability in planning and organising of projects (operational level);
- Drafting and editing of submission, reports and memorandums;
- Responsible for the events management and logistical support to the HDI-DP unit.
- An appropriate National Diploma (NQF 6);
- Two years’ relevant work experience in administration, which includes administrative and secretarial responsibilities;
- One year experience in planning and organising projects (operational level), drafting and editing submissions/reports and memorandums;
- One year experience in events management.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge of the Higher Education Sector, particularly the Universities;
- Knowledge of Public sector;
- Office management;
- Events and project management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Full knowledge and application of computer packages;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Client oriented;
- Ability to work independently.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A qualification in Accounting, Finance or Public Administration.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: [email protected]
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Koba Allison, Tel: (012) 661 6159 for any application-related enquiries.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.