Institution: Mitchells Plain District Hospital (Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- Appropriate experience in the scan centre environment/ medical records.
- Appropriate scanner operator experience.
- Appropriate Enterprise Content Management and KODAK Scan experience
- Experience in data capturing, preparation, scanning, indexing and quality assurance of files.
- Knowledge of the Western Cape Archive Act.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Computer literacy (MS Windows, Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of Enterprise Content Management (ECM).
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Collect patient folders in the wards and other service areas/ Follow-up on outstanding folders in wards. Return folders on Clinicom.
- Ensure that folders returned are processed into batches and tracked on ECM tracking tool.
- Prepare episode folders for scanning.
- Scanning of folders.
- Deal with emergency requests for finalising of QA Process.
- Ensure that electronic folder is created on ECM for each patient.
- Ensure that content is electronically available under the correct folder adhering to the defined file plan on ECM.
- Perform quality checks of the scanned documentation to ensure that the standards are adhered to.
- Inter filing of scanned documents into patient folders.
- Ensure the workspace is tidy and organised
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated (Plainsman 20/11/2019, Vukani 21/11/2019, PSVC 42/2019).