Johannesburg, South Africa
August 19, 2019
Computers & IT
FLASH is looking for a Data Scientist with a strong technical (IT) background to work on Fraud Detection within the business. You will analyse large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve fraud detection and business decisions.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for maths and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.Your goal will be to help our company analyse trends and assist in the implementation of our fraud strategy.
Objectives of this Role
- Implement and improve the detection strategy of the Fraud team
- Collaborate with technical teams to determine data available/required for monitoring
- Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
- Enable smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical and industry developments relating to Fraud detection
- Communicate findings to all stakeholders
- Lead Fraud detection within the business
- Identifying and integrating new data-sets that can be leveraged to improve the detection processes and strengthen the overall fraud function.
- Work closely with the technical team to strategise and execute the development of data orientated products
- Execute analytical assessments regularly to ensure fraud detection matrix is aligned to the current transactional levels across the different products and profiles within the company
- Utilize analytics to identify outliners from the system rules to allow data to be cleaned and improve the functionality of the fraud detection rules on the data-sets
- Analyze data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with an objective of improving the fraud detection rule matrix
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
- Collaborate with the Fraud investigation team to provide real time data during an investigation when required
- Implement and update rule sets when business rule changes are made
- Implement and manage 24hour monitoring strategy
- Implement and manage early detection and automated account closing on high risk rules broken
- B. Sc or B. Com in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science and Analytics or equivalent diploma
- 2+ years of Big Data with project management experience in the fin-tech industry
- Preferably 1 – 2 years working experience within a fraud environment;
- Understanding of AI/ML.
Knowledge / Skills:
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in data intensive industries such as banking or financial services is preferred
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modelling experience
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Power Bi, SQL, and programming languages (i.e. Java/Python, SAS, R)
- Comfort working in a dynamic, fast moving company
- Advanced understanding and usage of XML and JSON Path (gremlin coding advantageous)
- Self-motivated and assertive
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication/ presentation skills;
- Team player and ability to operate independently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Deadline driven
Only registered members can apply for jobs.