GROWING WHAT MATTERS STARTS WITH YOU
Corteva Agriscience™, the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
We are looking for Research Scientist
This position is responsible to develop and select breeding populations, lines and hybrids using conventional breeding methods and molecular breeding tools, leading and supporting strategic initiatives.
You Will Be Part of a Growing Team
- Manage Maize Breeding program to develop products aligned to the target area (Western RSA)
- Manage maize breeding experiment planning, execution, data collection, and data analysis activities
- Coordinate the genetic prediction strategy for the Maize Breeding program.
- Manage molecular breeding activities, including experimental design, marker strategy, and resource allocation in your program
- Planning and tracking resources allocations for the breeding program
Evaluation Zone Lead,/Supervision,
To Grow What Matters, You Will Need
- tPhD or Master’s Degree in Plant breeding or plant genetics with equivalent experience in Science related field
- t4+ years’ experience in the seed industry is preferred
- tExperience in field-based breeding and molecular breeding in maize or other crops, genetic mapping or genetic data management, experimental design, and statistics is desired
- tThe ability to learn new software will be required. Familiarity with other database management and statistical analysis software desired.
- tProven ability to make timely decisions, solve problems and build consensus.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Curious, bold thinkers who want to grow their careers and be part of a winning team
- Market shaping individuals who want to transform the agriculture industry to meet the world’s growing need for food
- Collaborators who thrive in a diverse, inclusive work environment
- Innovators who bring initiative and fresh ideas that drive our business into the future and make us an industry leader
Growing What Matters Starts With You… What Can We Offer To Help You Grow?
- Challenging work assignments that grow your skills, capabilities and experiences
- Opportunities for international rotations and relocation that will expand your global view and cultural experience
- Diverse, inclusive work environment where employees bring their whole selves to work and feel heard, valued and empowered
- Dedicated and customized resources to help grow your professional skills, industry expertise and personal perspectives.
- Joining us is a natural opportunity to strengthen your professional network through valuable relationships.
- Support the health and well-being of every employee by offering world-class benefits, meaningful work and competitive salary
- Performance driven culture with a strong focus on speed, efficiency and agility