- The Business Development Manager is responsible for the total customer relationship with one strategic or several important clients.
- Plans and executes a relationship strategy and maintains effective long-term business relationships at the senior level with key decision makers and influencers.
- Identifies and prioritizes BSI opportunities and develops solutions strategies.
- Plan, facilitate and/or conduct complex negotiations reaching lasting agreements and commitments.
- He/She will be responsible for developing an effective account plan.
- The candidate will also be responsible for revenue, and customer satisfaction on assigned accounts.
- Become the IT Outsource Champion to the Business and particularly to the Account Managers (AM).
- Promote the benefits of selling ITO services for the company and the sales person (AM).
- Become the go-to-person for all ITO opportunities.
- Respond to published tenders from all sources.
- All ITO opportunities are de facto the ITO BD Lead’s responsibility throughout the tender process,
a. including all communication with the client,
b. technical response,
d. presentations as requested,
e. responses to clarification requests and
f. through to the final hand over to the Operations team for ongoing delivery.
- Our target market is in two categories (general rule);
a. SMB market – based on the number of users: 100 – 1,500
b. Enterprise accounts – based on number of users: 1,500 – 15,000
- Target specific large enterprise clients according to BSI target sectors; Telecoms/Multi-media, Financial Services, Public Sector, Commercial (other), Africa.
- Assist with client retention for current clients.
a. Attend Review meetings to understand the clients level of satisfaction and respond accordingly.
b. Lead the renewals of tenders and re-tendering for existing contracts where necessary.
c. Identify new projects and opportunities during the Review meetings and general discussions with the AM and Programme Management team.
- Identify existing clients utilizing us for other services and introduce the Outsource benefits.
- Evolve those clients using only some parts of our Outsource services, to contract more services to us. (white space exercise)
- Take responsibility for our responses to large complex tenders and proposals, whether these are for IT Outsourcing or any other Product or Service. This includes the engagement with multiple Altron divisions, suppliers, BEE partners, clients and other parties related to the response.
- Understand your fiduciary responsibility towards the client and the company.
- As a signatory, to the bid responses and proposals;
a. ensure that the interactions with clients, staff, contractors and suppliers are professional,
b. live the concept of being a ‘servant-at-heart’, in the long term, this is the approach to work with clients,
c. are correctly priced at a competitive, fair and defendable margin,
d. that the client received what was promised (with value added services),
e. become the Trusted Advisor.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of sales processes
- Demonstrates a professional knowledge of business acumen, including an understanding of the customers’ business, industry, economic trends, issues and competition
- Understands organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies, both BSI and clients
- Understands BSI strategies, offerings, and technologies
- Ability to apply knowledge of information technology and leading edge solutions related to the client’s business
- Minimum education requirement is a Business/Technical degree from a recognized institution
- Post graduate degree/diploma in Business Development will be an advantage
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong listening and questioning skills – outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Vision to understand customer needs and translate them in to practical solutions
- Ability to drive change
- Proven planning skills
- Disciplined time management and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent proposal writing, project management and analytical skills
- Able to analyse results and identify and explain any variances from targets
- Ability to follow and ensure compliance with operational processes
- Highly developed social, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team working and team developing ability
- Disciplined in time management and ability to work under pressure without supervision taking measured risks in order to maximise contribution to BSI
- Experience of managing accounts and relationships
- Experience of direct customer contact
- Experience of presenting proposals to customers at senior management level
- Be comfortable working towards clearly defined sales targets
- A good understanding of what is required to develop and maintain the most valuable customer relationships
Only registered members can apply for jobs.