The SAMRC’s HIV Prevention Research Unit (HPRU) requires the skills of a committed, motivated, suitably qualified and experienced clinician to work with the Principal Investigator and Clinical Site Research Leader in managing the clinical aspects of HIV prevention trials.
- Perform clinical activities related to the trial including clinical assessments, specimen collection, laboratory results review, oversight of the safety of study participants, determination of clinical eligibility, and administration of study product
- Conduct clinical interviews and administer study questionnaires
- Report, follow up, assess and manage adverse events
- Complete all required study-related documentation according to the study protocol, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Clinical Practice(GCP)requirements
- Conduct regular quality control checks to ensure accuracy of clinical data collection and good quality data
- Train new clinicians and nurses and capacitate the research team
- Write reports as required
- Contribute to unit publications
- Undertake after hours and weekend work as required
- Rotate across clinical research sites and provide back-up where and when required.
- MBChB degree with at least 1-year post community service experience
- HPCSA and MPS registration
- Computer Literate
- Proven clinical trial or research experience
- Proven experience in ARV treatment
- Trained in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Trained in Good Clinical Practice
- Sound communication and organizational skills within a multi-disciplinary team
- A Code 8 manual drivers licence
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
A total cost-to-company remuneration package will be guided by reference of remuneration in the public sector and will be negotiated in accordance with experience. In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R285A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS
Visit the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://forms.gle/dEMGSCqRyGz4rz1K9