- Ensure processing of Letters of credit within the agreed turn around times with the business.
- Assist in Trade Operations COB preparations.
- Ensure all projects around new Trade initiatives are done timely and correctly
- Ensure all queries in respect of Trade operations from both internal and external customers are resolved timely
- Ensure documentation presented by customers against LC is reviewed and all deficiencies that may delay payment of the LC are advised to the customer.
- Ensure customer billing is done and that there is sufficient follow-up booked into the CENC account.
- Ensure correct customer pricing is applied on issuance/advising of letters of credits
- Act as a liaison between technology and Trims support to ensure that system problems are tracked and resolved.
- Liaise with the business to provide timely and efficient solution to customer needs in respect of sweeps and interest calculations and maintenances.
- Testing of new Products for Trade Operations
- Support strategic cost management initiatives
- Advise Relationship managers, Trade Products and Citi Service on certain customer behaviour with a view to exploring and exploiting additional sales opportunities
- Ensure correct booking of accounting entries on issuance of letters of credit and on retiring of the same.
- Ensure that there is adequate tracking of LC maturity and that payments for the same are not delayed
- Assist customers with the preparation of documents against letters of credit
- Processing SBLC/Guarantees requests, facilitates transaction processing and turnaround time
- Perform telephone call-backs to customers
- Liaise with foreign / local banks re. outstanding export payments / charges and issuance of protective SBLC/Guarantees.
- 1 years banking operations experience across all departments preferable in Trade Operations.
- Trade Import / Export experience
- Have a sound knowledge of the system/applications used in the various account-opening processes. Flexcube /Trims/ Citidirect/ Citiconnect
- Adhere to Citigroup Policies and Procedures
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Good understanding of controls, operational requirements and policies.
- Knowledge of applicable local regulations.
- A University degree, honours would be an added advantage.
- CDCS completed
- Highly numerate
- Customer friendly
- Personal computer skills
- Good mental aptitude and intelligence
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strategic vision
- Strong execution skills
- Strong control awareness
Grade :All Job Level – All Job FunctionsAll Job Level – All Job Functions – ZA-
Time Type :-
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.