Johannesburg, South Africa
September 12, 2019
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 20.09.2019. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : Transnet Freight Rail
Position Title : Chief Professional Nurse
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Office of CE
Location : Parktown
Reporting To : Health Clinic Manager
Grade Level : F
Reference Number : 50014513
- Responsible for risk control and school outreach programmes on board Phelophepa. Responsible to provide a primary
health care service in the areas visited by Phelophepa.
- Ensure compliance with SANC guidelines and regulations
- Ensure compliance with legal and ethical principles.
- Identifying and screening learners for ear problems and subsequent referral to clinics.
- Execute audiometry test to all learners identified with hearing problems.
- Treatment of learners with minor ailments and liaising with school teachers with regard to learners who need to be followed
- Supervision of student nurses.
- Implementation of Phelophepa policies and guidelines, ensuring compliance with occupational health principles, policies
- Align Phelophepa policies and procedures with those of the Department of Health. Ensure compliance and adherence to
the relevant acts.
- Contribute to the professional development of students. Apply the principles of PHC and Professional excellence.
- Identify and develop nursing interventions through comprehensive and on-going assessment.
- Implement procedures that maintain effective infection control and occupational and safety measures in accordance with
occupational health and safety Legislation.
- Asset management and control.
- Ensure that the protocol for injuries on duty is adhered to and that all incidents are reported within 24 hours.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A 4 year degree from a recognised Institution.
- Registered with the SANC as a Professional Nurse, Midwifery, Community Health Nurse, Primary Health Care Nurse and
- People orientated.
- Teaching Skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Independent worker.
- Decision maker.
- Knowledge of at least one African language.
- Knowledge of Primary Health Care Policies.
- Health Legislation and SANC Guidelines.
- Planning skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Code 8 unendorsed driver’s licence.
- Communication skills both verbal and non verbal.
- Conflict resolution.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Communication skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Problem solving.
NB: Kindly note that the candidate must meet the inherent requirements of the job.
NB: This is a 12 months contract position.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.