A reputable, well established overseas electrical contractor is searching for a highly motivated and energetic Electrician to relocate to the sunny Cayman Islands. We are a forward-thinking company in a growth period that values its employees. We offer a generous benefit and pension package, paid annual vacation, first month paid accommodation and more.
Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising others and running small to medium size projects (100k- $3M) in concrete slab and steel beam construction. Patience and positivity are essential to the success of this role. Effective communication skills are key.
Roles, Responsibilities and Requirements:
· To be an Electrician and Lead Electrician on small or medium size projects.
· Attending job or project meetings as required.
· A full comprehension of complex electrical drawings.
· Work along the guidelines of the NEC rules and local regulations.
· Able to delegate to other journeymen, wiremen and apprentices.
· Communicates to contractors and customers on jobs.
· Orders material for projects and or jobs with assistance of Project Manager.
· Responsible for identifying tools and labor requirements for the job.
· May be required to occasionally work after hours as the job requires.
· Experience working in the Caribbean is considered an asset.
- Valid, current passport.
- Completely clean police record, (required for Cayman Islands work permit).
- Valid and clean driver’s license.
- Willing and able to relocate to Grand Cayman long term.
- Current valid electrical license in your state or province
Job Type: Full-time
The remuneration for this position will be commensurate with experience in the range of $61,500.00 to $72,600.00 USD a year TAX FREE annually, plus benefits. 9 hrs. a day 5 days a week + OT. This is the base rate for an electrician, the Lead will be remunerated an additional %10 while leading projects.
While we appreciate all applications, only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R881,140.00 to R1,040,170.00 /year
- journeyman electrician: 5 years (Preferred)