1. The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
2. Must hold a valid driver’s license.
3. Must be computer literate (MS Office, Internet, email).
4. Working knowledge of Cargo Link will be an advantage.
5. Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken)
6. Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with clients directly, via email and
7. Time Management skills
7. Must be able to work under pressure
8. Be familiar with Customs Procedures and Requirements
9. Experience in Warehouse Procedures
10. Knowledge of CAA Rules and Regulations
11. Willing to work shifts, weekends and Public Holidays
12. Must hold a Valid Dangerous Good Cat 6 qualification
13. Will attend training as and when required to do so.
14. The following training will be advantageous: AVSEC, AVI, Perishable,
Infectious substances, Lithium Batteries, Cargo 1, Human Factors and
1. Accountable to supervise and ensure that all documentation for flights are in
2. Accountable for supervising and ensuring that all documentation matches the
cargo to be loaded onto each flight.
3. The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in
accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and
within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications;
4. Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
5. Accountable for the management of safety risks and security threats to aircraft operations.
1. Ensure that there are sufficient drivers scheduled per shift to ensure maximum utilisation of resources.
2. Ensure that rosters are adhered to, inclusive of own time management.
3. Ensure that all staff is familiar with the standard operating procedures, and ensure compliance of the procedures.
4. Ensure that all new staff are trained correctly in the processes and procedures.
5. Ensure that all staff’s training is kept up to date and booked before expiry.
6. Ensure that weekly and/or monthly meetings are held with the staff to discuss any issues.
7. Ensure that weekly meetings are held with the Duty Manager.
8. Ensure that all flights are manifested and departed on Cargo Link timeously.
9. Ensure that all documentation for flights is in order.
10. Ensure that all documentation matches the cargo to be loaded onto each flight.
11. Ensure that all off-loaded cargo is returned to warehouse, recorded, and communicated to customer services
12. Ensure that all drivers communicate final cargo figures loaded at the aircraft
13. Check drivers time keeping
14. Ensure that all admin work is kept up to date and reports sent out daily as per procedures.
15. Ensure that all drivers’ permits, and vehicle licences, etc. are up to date.
16. Ensure vehicle checklists are completed by each driver and notify the Duty Manager of any irregularities.
17. Assist on the ramp and/or in respect of catering, if needed, in an efficient and effective manner.
18. Give excellent internal and external communication.
19. Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
20. Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE SA AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE CAN ASSUME THAT THEY WERE NOT SHORT LISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ARE HEREBY THANKED FOR THEIR APPLICATION