Nedbank Newtown Majestic Campus – Johannesburg
Card Forensic Investigator
Our Nedbank Retail Card, Payments & Transactional Business is seeking an experienced Forensic Investigator to conduct investigations. In this role you will be responsible for carrying out investigations into Card, Credit application, Merchant and Transactional Fraud. The ideal candidate will investigate cases and provide recommendations to business by following forensic methodologies. This role assists the bank to mitigate fraud risk whilst enforcing criminal liability and ensuring regulatory requirements are met for the benefit our business and our customers. Prior investigations experience in a corporate environment is required.
- Ensure costs are recovered per time allocation and transfer pricing agreements with stakeholders.
- Ensure work completed per plan and conduct investigations.
- Identify gaps in processes, make recommendations to improve processes and prevent re-occurrence of claims.
- Highlight implication of not implementing recommendations so that corrective action can be taken.
- Prevent further potential losses by alerting other banks of possible fraudulent transactions and identifying suspicious deposits.
- Conduct investigations and report fraudulent activities.
- Ensure regulatory standards for record keeping are met.
- Ensure provision for claims are made and regulatory requirements are met and report claims and corruption cases.
- Ensure consistency of sanctions for similar transgression.
- Report information regarding fraudulent trends to Enterprise Risk Committees (ERCOs) for implementation of preventative and corrective action.
- Gather and analyse relevant documentation received from clients.
- Obtain evidence and determine veracity of claims by requesting assistance from internal sources within Group Risk Services (GRS) as well as suppliers.
- Ensure client needs and expectations are met.
- Enable the implementation of recommendations and actions required.
- Provide updates and feedback related to escalated queries pertaining to alleged fraudulent claims from clients by interacting with the Ombudsman Liaison electronically.
- Improve business performance and prevent further potential losses.
- Prevent further potential losses and alert Legal Insurance for provision in case of losses that are R1m and above.
- Prevent and/or reduce potential losses.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise.
- Support personal growth and effective performance.
- Maintain knowledge management and improve team success.
Minimum Experience Level
- Minimum 3 years experience in banking environment and/or conducting investigations
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- 3 year qualification related to Investigations / Forensic
- Diploma: Criminal Justice and Forensic Auditing
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) – preferred, not essential
Type of Exposure
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Analysing situations or data that require an in depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Displaying high level of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
- Developing ways to minimize risks
- Drafting reports
- Managing conflict situations
- Analysing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Answering customer questions
- Capturing data
- Communicating complex information in writing and verbally
- Interacting with various levels of management
- Interviewing people to get needed information
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Ethics and Fraud
- Fraud investigation methodology
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Nedbank banking systems
- Nedbank policies and procedures
- Nedbank systems
- Nedbank vision and strategy
- Relevant Nedbank product knowledge
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Relevant regulatory, compliance and risk legislation
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566
Only registered members can apply for jobs.