To manage the restoring of normal service operation as quickly as possible and minimize the adverse impact on business operations, ensuring that agreed levels of service quality are maintained
- Manage the life cycle of all tickets, regardless of who may have detected them or how.
- Align call management activities and priorities with those of the business.
- Ensure calls are assigned to the correct resolver groups
- Assist the service desk analysts/support technicians with the correct rerouting of the misrouted calls.
- Verification of correct call logging whether it be categorization, prioritization, call type, summary, logged notes, group assignment.
- Driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the call management procedure.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of call management and making recommendations for improvement
- Driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process
- Ensure that the analysts/support technicians comply with quality standards of the Service desk and customer
- Reviewing and auditing the process.
- Identify process improvements.
- Ensuring that all IT teams follow the incident management process for every incident.
- Ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt response, analysis, documentation, ongoing management and reporting of incidents.
- Producing management information, including KPI’s and reports
- Manage the completion of RCAs within the required time frame
- Ownership of the call management procedure
- Coordinate the activities for major and critical incidents
- Co-ordinate the assignment of calls equally between internal resolver groups internally as well as vendor
- Understand any call on a basic level in order to use the appropriate resources
- Understand and apply the correct call logging procedure when required.
- Understand all processes relevant to coordinator role
- Driving, developing, managing and maintaining the major incident process and associated procedures.
- Drive the resolver groups to gather sufficient information to ensure analysis can take place
- Maintain a general overview of the incident keeping focus on the restoration.
- When required assist the Service Desk analysts/support technicians during peak times with back log of calls in order to meet agreed voice and email SLA with client
- Ensure that our organization is aware of the current call management procedure and adhere to it.
- Align incident management activities and priorities with those of the business.
- Maintain user satisfaction with the quality of IT services.
- Central communication point for major incidents managed by our organization.
- Increase visibility and communication of incidents to business and IT support staff.
- Through the use of a professional approach, drive resolving and communicating incidents when they occur.
- Participate in incident management meetings.
- Escalation point for Service Delivery Managers or Operations Managers
Adhering to company processes and procedures.
Maintain a professional image at all times.
Work effectively as part of a team and seek to support the team’s goals.
Continuous broadening own technical, functional, and industry skill base.
Performing related work as required.
Building good relationships with customers.
Perform related administration duties
- N. Diploma or B.Tech in Information Technology/ Computer Science/Engineering degree preferred, or proven experience.
- Microsoft Certifications
Working Experience 2-3 Years Essential
Microsoft Windows 2 – 3 Years Essential
Call Coordinator Experience 1 – 2 Years Essential
Desktop Support Experience 1 – 2 Years advantageous
Supervisory/Team Lead Experience 1 – 2 years advantageous
Job Related Knowledge Required Essential
Service quality orientated Essential
Process and procedure driven Essential
Job Related Experience Required Essential
Microsoft Office Essential
Excellent telephone manner Essential
Ability to follow instructions Essential
Team player EssentialJob Related Skills Required Rating
Troubleshooting skills Essential
Technical skills in Active directory user administration, and Microsoft Office packages Essential
Analytical skills – root cause analysis Essential
Computer literacy skills Essential
Time management skills Essential
Effective stress management skills Essential
Communication skills (oral and written) Essential
Building Customer Loyalty
Building strategic working relationships
Contributing to team success
Follow – up
Planning and Organising
Technical/Professional knowledge and Skills
Btech: Information Technology, National Diploma in any IT related area
Please note that the appointment will be made from the designated group, in line with the Employment Equity Act, as well as the Company’s Employment Equity Plan.
Additional Comments: The candidate must be able to work against deadlines and communicate effectively. We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about development and coding. Someone who loves investigating and learning new methods and technologies for getting the job done
Only registered members can apply for jobs.